WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text strings that a website can send, while browsing, to your device (be it a PC, a notebook, a smartphone, a tablet, usually stored directly on the browser used for navigation) . The same website that transmitted them, then can read and record cookies that are on the same device in order to obtain information of various kinds. Which? For each type of cookie there is a well-defined role.
HOW MANY TYPES OF COOKIES DO EXIST?
There are two basic macro-categories, with different characteristics: technical cookies and profiling cookies.
Technical cookies are generally necessary for the proper functioning of the website and to allow navigation; without them you may not be able to view the pages correctly or use some services. For example, a technical cookie is essential to keep the user connected throughout the visit to a website, or to store the language, display, and so on. Technical cookies can be further distinguished in:
• navigation cookies, which guarantee the normal navigation and use of the website (allowing, for example, to make a purchase or authenticate to access restricted areas);
• analytics cookies, similar to technical cookies only when used directly by the website operator to collect information, in aggregated form, on the number of users and the way they visit the site.
• functionality cookies, which allow the user to navigate according to a series of selected criteria (for example, the language, the products selected for purchase) in order to improve the service provided.
Profiling cookies are more sophisticated! These cookies have the task of profiling the user and are used in order to send advertising messages in line with the preferences expressed by the user during his navigation.
Cookies can still be classified as:
• session cookies, which are deleted immediately when the browser is closed;
• Persistent cookies, which - unlike session cookies - remain in the browser for a certain period of time. They are used, for example, to recognize the device that connects to the site facilitating authentication operations for the user.
• first-party cookies (first-part cookies) or cookies generated and managed directly by the manager of the website on which the user is browsing.
• third-party cookies (third-part cookies), which are generated and managed by parties other than the operator of the website on which the user is browsing (in force, as a rule, a contract between the owner of the website and the third part).
WHICH TYPES OF COOKIES DOES IVM Chemicals GmbH USE?
IVM Chemicals GmbH website uses only technical cookies, defined as the ones which are used in order to “transmit a communication over an electronic communications network, or to the extent necessary, to the provider of an information society service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user to provide that service” and Google Analytics cookies assimilated to technical cookies where they are directly used by the operator of the website, in order to collect information in an aggregated form, on the number of customers and how they visit the website”.
The following table shows specifically the cookies used.
Google analytics Cookie (GA)
You can consult the complete and updated list provided by Google at the following address:
To install these cookies is not required user consent since they are cookies necessaries and essential for the correct functioning of the applications.
This website allows to select/deselect individual cookies with the modalities below showed, we warn you that the deactivation doesn’t guarantee the full usability of the website.
Unless they are disabled on our Website, cookies are accepted by the user by using the website.
In order to deactivate, remove or block cookies, it is possible to access browser settings, as specified below:
Cookies habilitation/disablement through browser
There are several ways to manage cookies. By changing your browser settings, you can accept or reject cookies or decide to receive a warning from the website before accepting a cookie. It is possible to delete all the cookies installed in the browser’s cookies folder. Each browser has different procedure for managing settings. Please use the links below to find specific instructions for the most common browsers:
If you don’t use any of the above listed browsers, select “cookie” in your browser guide to find put where is located your cookies folder.
For more information about cookies use, you can directly contact the Data Controller by sending an email to this address: email@example.com, useful also to require the complete list of the DPOs.